On Wednesday I was 12 weeks along. This week not much has happened, on Tuesday I went for my first prenatal appointment. This time it took a little longer to find the heart beat and then when she finally found it the little bugger kept running away from her!
Our babies face is beginning to look more human, even tho he/she is only about 2 inches long from crown to rump and weights slightly less then half an ounce/14 grams. The eyes, which started out on the sides of the head, have moved closer together. The ears are almost in their normal position on the side of the head. The liver is making bile and the kidneys are secreting urine in the bladder.
The fetus squirms if you abdomen is being prodded, although you can not yet feel movement. The fetus has acquired more reflexes: touching the palms makes the finger close, touching the soles of the feet makes the toes curl down and touching the eyelids makes the muscles cleach.
We are leaving to go camping in a few hours and I haven't started packing so I better get on that! I hope everyone has a good long weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment